Quantcast

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Quilt--Sheer Brilliance!

The crazy ass winds we've had the past few days not only blew all of the leaves off the trees, but ushered in a freezing dip in temperatures.  So much so that I have been cold since I got up early this morning.  I'm heading to bed just to get warm.


This lead me to think about quilts.  More specifically a book quilt.  Now, I'm not talking about being a hoarder, and having a towering pile of books fall on me, trapping me under a "quilt" of books.  Although, really, as long as there were no major paper cuts, and it happened quickly, it wouldn't be a bad way to go.  


But I digress.  I have come up with the idea, now I need someone to implement it for me.  Cause, as I know, I'm not a crafty person at all--see Wanna-Be Crafter on my other blog to fully understand my ineptness as a woman of craft.  What would keep me warm on such a chilly night?  A book quilt, that's what.  A quilt made up of all the covers of books I have loved throughout the years.  How super cool neat-o mosquito that would be!  Somehow I would transfer the cover images onto quilt squares, then create a one of a kind quilt, just for me.  Hopefully this wouldn't violate any kind of copyright laws.  I will have to consult with a lawyer.  And then, maybe write, cry, and beg the illustrators to let me make my quilt.  I think this is something that would go to the grave with me.  Or urn.  You get the picture.  


So, um, anyone want to make this for me?  :) I'll be your BFF!  As long as you're not a stalker.  Then I'd just take my quilt and run.  

2 comments :

  1. what a great idea! just buy the transfer paper and use your computer to print the squares~ call a fabric store they will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I may have to make this my first quilt project. With a lot of help from some gifted crafters I know.

    ReplyDelete