Quantcast

Friday, May 6, 2011

Reading Log Jam

Photo Credit
This is what my mind looks like.  Jammed with books.  I'm reading three books right now--all are halfway done, and I have had a busy week where I haven't been able to sit down and read for any chunk of time.  This weekend looks to be the same as the rest of my week--work, gardening, and everything but reading!


The weather is finally warming up, so that means I can head outside to tackle my Spring list.  No more cozy days tucked on the couch, sipping coffee and devouring a great story.  Have to wait until the Fall to do that.  Now I will be able to sit outside sipping iced tea and devouring a good book.  After mowing, watering flowers, and doing all that summer stuff.  The grass doesn't care if I just have to finish a book.  


Two exciting authors are coming to our Barnes and Noble in May.  Jeff Galloway is going to be at our store tonight to talk about running and sign books.  He's a former Olympian who is famous in the running world for his run/walk method and trains hundreds of people a year to run marathons and half marathons.  I'm looking forward to meeting him and hearing him speak.


On May 18th, Sandra Dallas is also going to be at our Barnes and Noble.  I love her books.  Her new book, The Bride's House takes place in Georgetown, Colorado and involves the stories of three generations of women who call the Bride House their home.  It's one of the books I'm halfway through, and I'm enjoying it.  Sandra has written many other historical fiction novels, so check her out.  Any one of them is good and are perfect summer reads.


Let's hope the log jam of books in my head will soon be gone, and I can move on to even more books.  #50 is coming up soon, so I'll be announcing a giveaway to celebrate my milestone.  It really is amazing to keep track of what you read during the year.  I hope you are doing the same!



2 comments :

  1. Wish I could be there to see Sandra Dallas. She is one of my favorite authors. Just finished reading The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. Very good! Next up is Falling Home by Karen White.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Karen White yet, even though I have it :). I bet your Mom would get you a signed copy of Sandra's latest if you asked her nicely.

    Miss your book talk Dawn! Glad your Mom is back in the store keeping us all in line.

    ReplyDelete