Quantcast

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Not Enough Hours In The Day! And Other Very Wrong Things In My Book World

I am convinced time is hiding from me.  It especially slips away when I'm reading blogs or writing one of mine.  I think it ratchets up to warp speed.  Next thing I know, two hours have passed and my to-do list is gathering dust.

I didn't get all the books read this past week that I had listed to read last week.  Boo hoo. I've even taken up riding the bike at the gym more often each week so I have 30 minutes of reading time at the gym.  Kinda hard to read while lifting weights, so I won't try.  But trust me--I have put some thought into the possibility.  I could make millions if only my brain would produce a useful idea for this!

And why, oh why can't I run this body on just 4 hours of rest?  It would make my reading time that much longer.  And that darn lottery--I really should win so I can buy all the books I want, build a house for them, then sit there and read whenever I want.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I become a lottery winner.  Meanwhile, I'll just keep compiling my list of books for that little house.

What am I reading this week?  Well, here are a few I have on my list:


Amish vs Vampires

Meetings between famous people

Murder at a plantation 

Jazz Age New York and magic
I'm still working on the books I didn't finish last week.  With a teen book talk coming up in a few weeks I'm focusing on reading more teen novels--and then I have two book talks in one day later in October, so trying to read for that audience, too.  Luckily these are all books I want to read--no list that I have to adhere to for these talks.  Talking about books I love and have read makes standing up in front of people and giving speeches a little less horrifying!

What are you reading this week?  Are you going to read Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling when it goes on sale Thursday?

3 comments :

  1. Good morning Sue....I am truly amazed that you DO get all the books read that you do....what with working full time, and working out regularly. I know when I worked full time and was a volunteer aerobics instructor at the YMCA....I had no time to read.

    Keep reading.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl, I'd cut out the weights!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with there being "not enough hours in the day". I started two new part-time college teaching jobs and a part-time university course in August, and I've got no time any more. the course and the two jobs only add up to about 30 hours per week, but travelling to and from each of three locations and the prep and other work for each means that the rest of my life seems to have been put on hold.
    I used to be able to sew (and blog on my sewing blog( a couple of times a week, but there's been a gap of months in my blog and no sewing at all either as I explain in my latest blog post (http://handmadebyclairebear.com/2012/10/26/almost-no-sewing-at-all/).
    I love teaching and I've been trying to get on this course for years, but...

    ReplyDelete