Quantcast

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

50 of My Favorite Books: Part Three

Laura's real life story. 
This task of figuring out my 50 favorite books has proven to be more difficult that I expected!  If anything, I've learned that keeping track of what I've read makes life for a bibliophile much easier.  I won't let a year pass by without making a list of every book I read.  Here's my next batch of favorite books--in no order of fondness:

A favorite historical-paranormal novel.

Packed a punch.  Fantastic.

I became a fan of Paula Brackston with this book.

Smart, sexy, and brilliant trilogy.

Magical realism at its best.

Combines history, archaeology, and paranormal.

Oh, this book.  Love it.

Read it as an adult and loved it

Always a favorite.

Required reading that became a memorable read

Powerful

One of my all time favorites
Had me on the edge of my seat
Love this series about Charleston and ghosts
 I think it's pretty clear I've always been drawn towards books that have an element of magic and other-worldliness to them.  I do enjoy non-fiction, and I've made an effort this year to read more of it.  What can I say?  Books are my escape from the world, and when I escape, I like to take flights to far away places.  I guess behind my everyday exterior lies the kid who still wants to lay on the floor and read all day.

Tomorrow will wrap up my 50 favorite books.  In the meantime, I hope you've started thinking about the books that have a special place in your heart.  Please comment and share some of your favorites!





1 comment :

  1. Lots of great novels on this list. But do I see a theme? Witches and the supernatural/magic. Gives me a new perspective on you as a reader. I hope that is not too invasive as a statement, but one of my passions is noticing what readers like.

    ReplyDelete