Quantcast

Saturday, June 1, 2019

June Reads: Friendship, Frauds, and Flowers


June 1st almost slipped by without my to read post. After a very soggy week, today was a beautiful day (a little on the humid side :{) and I spent time in my yard and took a long walk in a local park. Thinking about how I'm going to restrain myself when I buy flowers tomorrow--it's so darn hard to not want them all! But I've just got a few spots to fill, and a few containers, so I hope that keeps me under control. 

I suspect June will fly by, and it's already filling up with things to do and people to see. And, lots of books to read. Many of my library books became available all within the last week, so I've got a chunk to get through quickly. Here's what I plan on reading and reviewing this month: 






I've been waiting for this for awhile. I love Elly Griffith's Ruth Galloway mysteries, so I'm interested in this new murder mystery. 


Publisher review. Two women meet on a plane and their lives become chaotic in this new thriller. 

The School of Essential Ingredients is a favorite novel of mine, so I was beyond excited to see Erica Bauermeister has a new novel! Sure to be a highlight of my summer. 

An exploration of friendship: how we make friends, keep friends, and cherish friendship. 

I read Ruth Hogan's The Keeper of Lost Things and thought it was wonderful. Happily surprised to receive an advanced copy of her latest. The cover...I just LOVE the cover! A woman forms a friendship after suffering loss, and it opens up a whole new world to her. 


Happy June everyone! Create your comfy outdoor reading nook. I hope you can spend as much time as possible reading and relaxing. 

The Bookalicious Babe









1 comment :