Quantcast

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

International Women's Day: A Few of My Favorite Authors

 I'm one of those folks who wish they were blessed with an ability to write a compelling, fascinating, and unputdownable novel. Unfortunately, it's just not in my wheelhouse. That doesn't stop me from admiring authors who have that talent and discipline to craft worlds I get to live in, just for a little while. 

On today, International Women's Day, I am posting a few of my favorite authors. Over the years, I've noticed I read novels written by women about 90% of the time. It's not a purposeful thing I do; however, it's just what I'm drawn to and enjoy. I have my favorite male authors as well. But today it's all about the women! 

Here are a few of my favorite authors, in no particular order. They write historical fiction, science fiction/fantasy, contemporary fiction, mysteries and thrillers. This is by no means all of my favorite authors (I can't have just one!) but they definitely have given me great reading memories:


Geraldine Brooks
Mercedes Lackey



Sarah Addison Allen




Elly Griffiths


Cherie Priest




Barbara Erskine





Karen White
Alice Hoffman



Jane Harper




Sarah Jio
Sandra Dallas



Simone St. James



No comments :

Post a Comment