Quantcast

Friday, December 30, 2022

The Bookalicious Babe's Top Ten Reads of 2022

 Here we are! My favorite reads of 2022. Let's get right to it! Starting in reverse order, ten to one:



10.  A novel that I stumbled on that is a hidden gem. A young man talks his way into driving two giraffes across Dust Bowl America to a zoo in California. Oh, this was such a delightful read. I didn't want it to end. 


9.  This is a YA historical novel that takes place during the Chicago World's Fair of 1893. It's a story about revenge, Jewish mysticism, friendship, immigration, and a whole lot more. So, so good. 



8.  This was a horror novel I couldn't wait to read, and I was not disappointed. Full on creepy! It's actually a historical horror novel, and that almost makes it even more ominous. A young woman travels to her husband's home and finds it haunted by a terrible, terrible spirit bent on revenge. 



7.  I adore novels set in 1920's through 1960's Hollywood. I had to read this, and wasn't disappointed. Evelyn Hugo is an unforgettable character, and TJR writes a showstopper of a novel. 


6.  I've read all of Heather Webber's novels, and I especially enjoyed this tale about a magical garden, a young woman who longs for a home, and the family she finds. Magic, bees, delicious food....all ingredients for a novel I will inhale. 

5.  Karen White has my heart. I'll read whatever she writes. I almost cried tears of happiness with this novel, the start of a new series that takes place in New Orleans. If you're a fan of novels that incorporate history, ghostly homes, and other worldly happenings, Karen White is the author for you. Next in the series is out in March, 2023. 


4.  Another author I adore. Simone St. James has perfected the art of writing a tense chiller. Yes, I said chiller. A cross between a thriller and a scary novel. She builds tension from page one, and leaves you a bit unsettled and looking over your shoulder. I've read all of her books and recommend her to everyone I can. She's that good. 

3.  I seem to have bounced between horror/thriller novels and feel good novels in 2022. To say I was beyond excited to have a new Sarah Addison Allen novel to read would be a HUGE understatement. I adore SAA. This was magical, sweet (it takes place on an island where there was a marshmallow factory), and also a bit sad. Classic SAA. So glad she's back. 



2.  This was almost, almost! my top pick for 2022. It came out of nowhere, grabbed me immediately, and I haven't stopped recommending it since I read it earlier this year. Three women who are at a time in their lives where women become invisible--but hold on, they're not going to take it. Involves a serial murderer, corruption, and women who aren't taking any crap from men anymore. READ IT!!

AND FINALLY....MY TOP READ OF 2022:

1.  I am so surprised this landed as my favorite read of 2022; but when I looked at my list, it just jumped to the top. It's a tiny little gem of a book that captured my heart immediately. Told in epistolary form (letters), it's about a budding friendship between two women who connect over their love of food. It takes place in 1960's California and the Pacific Northwest. Whenever I think about this novel, it puts a smile on my face. Oh, I'm so glad I found it at the bookstore while wandering around the stacks. I can't say how much I adored this novel. It has a permanent spot on my bookshelves. 


That's it! My Top Ten of 2022. I am so excited for a new year to dig into my TBR, and knowing there are some spectacular novels and authors out there I have yet to discover. I can't wait. 

No comments :

Post a Comment