Quantcast

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Top Picks of 2010

I have read so many enjoyable books this year.  I look at my list, and I happily revisit each and every story.  It makes me look forward to 2011, and what I'll be reading all year.  Here's my list of favorite reads for 2010:


Best All Around Fiction Book:




Best Book Recommendation from a Co-worker:



Best Non-Fiction Book:


Best Kid's Book:


Best Teen Book:



Best New Author:



Best Book I Read That I Didn't Want to Read, But Ended Up Loving!




The Book I Predict Will Be A Huge Hit in 2011 (and it was fantastic!):



As you may have guessed, I tend to lean towards historical fiction; fiction that has an element of the supernatural, and historical non-fiction.  I also love to read books that have some element of food or cooking in them.  I cannot wait to read the latest novels from some of my favorite authors:  Sandra Dallas, Kate Mosse, Karen White, Sarah Addison Allen, Geraldine Brooks, and Donna Ball.  Oh, the months stretching ahead will be filled with so many wonderful tales, I will have no trouble reaching my book challenge of 110 books for 2011!  

Here's to a wonderful literary year gone by, and another coming up.  Whether you read books from a library, ebooks, used books, or brand spanking new books (my favorite kind), keep reading and share your favorites with others.  Yes, love makes the world go round, but reading keeps us sane.  

2 comments :

  1. i read half of your list, and i agree to the same enthusiasm for next years pile. i have been prebuying, i can't buy any new books for 3 months, i have to read what i have, so until dec 31st i have been shopping like mad!

    have you read the night counter, memory of running or tomato rhapsody, magic, quirky and food respectively, all great reads for me~

    waiting for your snow play to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read those yet--I will put them on my list! Can't wait for my life to calm down in January so I can diving into my reading piles.

    ReplyDelete