Quantcast

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Liebster Award Questions…And I'm Up to My Eyeballs at School!

What do you get when you take a grad student, two book reviews with deadlines, four papers due in the next 3 weeks,  a full-time job, and mix them together?

A lot of grey hair


I admit to being overwhelmed. One day at a time, I say.  Except I have to look ahead and get things moving.  There is a very good possibility that I will finish school this semester, then retreat into my reading world and put a "do not disturb" sign on my door.  Book therapy does work!

Mackenzie at The Book Addict  nominated me for the Liebster Award so I'm going to fulfill half of the requirements and tell you something about me and then answer her questions.  So, here's what you should know about me:

--I do not have a favorite book.  There are too many near and dear to my heart!
--I learned to speed read in junior high at St. Ludmila's School.  Had no idea that's what I was learning to do--but it comes in handy!
--I am madly obsessed with boneless buffalo wings.  I could eat them every day.
--I never kept track of what I read until I started my blog.
--I have run a marathon and a few half marathons.  
--I have a huge number of nieces and nephews.  I was an Auntie at the age of 9.  
--My boyfriend of 12 years and I met on a blind date at Outback Restaurant.  
--I do not like to shop for shoes or purses.  I only buy a purse when the one I use falls apart.  

Here are the questions Mackenzie sent me:
  1. What was the first book you read as a kid?
    I remember reading Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
  2. What's your favorite TV show?
    I love to watch Sister Wives!
  3. Favorite book series?
    The Adept Series by Katherine Kurtz
  4. When you go to the zoo, what's one animal you make sure to avoid and why?
    I don't like snakes.  Ick.
  5. Favorite Male Character in a book/book series.
    Jack from These is My Words by Nancy Turner.  
  6. In winter, do you prefer snow or slush on the road?
    I prefer snow.
  7. What's your favorite book of 2014?
    I don't have one yet!  
  8. Favorite Movie of 2014?
    I'm in school--I haven't seen any movies just yet.  Fingers crossed this summer I see a movie.
  9. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
    I would live in a quaint small town with lots of quirky characters and small stores chock full of wonderful things so I wouldn't have to go to the "big city" to shop. Also, Asheville sounds pretty good!
  10. Are you into making crafts? If so what kind and why?
    I am not a crafty person.  Trust me, I've tried.  
  11. Do you have any animals, if so what kind.
    I don't have any pets, but in my future life, I want a siberian husky.  I like a big dog to stand beside me and keep me safe.




No comments :

Post a Comment