Quantcast

Monday, April 30, 2018

May Reads: Revisiting a DNF and a Favorite Author


May brings me a lot of difficult choices in my reading. I've certainly got a lot of choices, and I'm having a hard time making a decision. But there are certainly a few books I'm determined to read this month, one way or another. May is kicking off a busy summer season, and May brings a graduation party, an out of town baptism, work, and scrambling to work on yard projects. Without further ado, here's what's on tap for May:



I'm reading this novel based on an actual horrific murder in 1959 Kansas. I've started it, become fascinated by the Cutter family, and want to know more. It is not an easy read, however, and I've got a few weeks to finish it before my book club meets.  Our group's theme this month was to read a book that was published the year we were born. One of those books I've always wanted to read, but never did. Until now. 




 Saw this at the bookstore and thought it looked like fun. Three women open a bookshop in Scotland and murder soon follows. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this, so it will be interesting to see what I think of it. 


Bought this months ago, and finally plucked it off the bookshelf. A YA novel of mystery, magic, and adventure. 



While I await Sandra Dallas' next adult novel, I will read her children's book about a young girl and her family's struggle to homestead in 1910 Colorado. I absolutely love the cover art, and Sandra is a favorite author of mine. 



Oh, Homegoing. I tried and failed to read you before, and I'm giving it another go because I assigned it to a book group for May. Yes, I assigned this novel to make myself finish it this time. And I will. I look forward to discussing it with my group in a few weeks. 

I will probably read something fun and frothy, or at least lighter than what I've picked for May. Two are required for book groups; the others are my choice. I hope I enjoy them all--we'll just have to wait and see. 

Here's to sipping iced tea on the deck, enjoying the sun, and relaxed reading in warm weather. Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment