Quantcast

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

October Reads: Putting the Boo! in Books

 This year just keeps on flying by, even when some days it feels like time is  moving super slow. I had to keep reminding myself today that tomorrow is October first, and the weather is turning much cooler and feeling like Fall. 

This month's reads are full of supernatural hijinks and I can't wait to jump in! I'm still reading Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko. Wow. It's definitely not a book I can read quickly but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'll confess that holiday books are starting to look very tempting, too. I'm going to try and have some self control and hang on until November before I start reading my feel good novels for the holiday season. I'm pretty sure I won't be alone reading escape fiction this winter. Is it wrong to be excited that I have a new flannel robe on the way? Holy cow my nesting vibe is hitting an all-time high. 

Here's what's on the reading list this month:

I know. It's not spooky. But I can't wait to read this novel about a librarian finding love. 

A cross between Big Little Lies and Practical Magic? Sure. This is one book that keeps popping up everywhere I look, so I took the hint and will read it this month. 

Garth Nix writes great stories. This one has booksellers who are magical, murder, and adventure. 

1902. A school for girls. Shocking murders. A modern day movie set, and a story within a story. This is a big hulking book, and I'm super curious! 

I've had two friends read this book and they LOVED it. A podcast, a small town, and a cover up. Thriller vibes! 

I've been waiting a few months for this to come out and was happy to buy my copy a few days ago. Books in a library that lies in between life and death give a woman a chance to relive her life with many different choices. If you could do it over and fix your regrets, would you?

I've got a bit of reading to do this month, so I will hop to it. Some nights it is a battle between watching holiday cooking shows and just keeping the TV off and reading for a few hours. Tonight is a TV night. 

Happy reading this month! Please share your reads with me. I'd love to know what you've discovered, and happy to get recommendations on what I should read. 

The Bookalicious Babe





1 comment :