Quantcast

Sunday, January 31, 2021

It's February! Books Make the Best Valentine's Gift for a Book Nerd (That's Me-the Book Nerd)

 I'm pretty happy with my reading in January--just didn't finish The Lady Brewer of London; it's a big chunk of a book that so far has been quite good, but I don't have the brain energy to finish it right now. It's back on the shelf; will keep plugging away at it. I think it's one of those books that I'll devour later on and wonder why I didn't finish it the first time around. 

February is not only about Valentine's Day, but it's the month where I met my partner, Lee. Nineteen years ago! Hard to believe a blind date actually worked out. A book nerd fell in love with a man who doesn't read books. However, he gets my love of books and reading, and supports my book life. And he's subject to my random factoids, usually preceded by me saying "I read this somewhere..."

All of the books I want to read are coming at me fast and furious! I've tried to whittle them down and will focus on the following books for my TBR in February:


I'm a big fan of memoirs about rural life. Can't wait to read this!

Dipping back into World War 2--librarians to the rescue! 

This has been on my bookshelves for a few months. Two sisters, chicken, and a rivalry that goes back generations. 

One of my favorite genres is the archaeology/mystery. This is the second in the Norah Kelly series. Takes place in New Mexico and involves a ghost town, a mummified body and Spanish gold.

Jane Harper-such an amazing writer. Been waiting months for this! 

Another World War 2 novel, but this one involves a cooking contest between four women in a small English village. Based on an actual BBC cooking contest. 


I can't say this will be all I read this month. I've got a few books I'm working on now, and of course I've got quite a few e-Arcs to read before they expire. 

Take care and have a wonderful February. It's the hardest part of the year for me --pretty far into Winter, and Spring is soooo close, but soooo far away. 

The Bookalicious Babe



No comments :

Post a Comment