Quantcast

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci

Just about every woman has a great story about the "one".  That one that seemed so darn good at the beginning, and ended up being waaay wrong at the end.  In I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci, she has more than the "one".  Giulia's book is about her travails in the world of dating and relationships.  Poor girl.  She's pretty, smart, a great cook, has a great job and plenty of friends, but keeps trying to mold herself into what she isn't for each of the men who enter her life.  It's quite funny; Giulia also has a great sense of humor, and can look back on her romances and see exactly where they went wrong, and how they went wrong.

Interspersed within each chapter are recipes that coincide with each romance.  Giulia loves to cook, and is quite a good one, too.  She finds it a little frustrating to be dating a man who doesn't really care much about food at all; her efforts at creating lovely dinners go unrecognized and unappreciated.

If you're looking for a humorous look at dating in the 21st century, look no farther.  Giulia's book is delightful to read, and sometimes a bit sad, too.  Will she ever find someone who appreciates all of her?  Can she stop herself from trying to be what her men want, and not being her true wonderful self?

I enjoyed this biography.  I got online and checked up on Giulia; she's doing just fine, thank you.  Her dream of being a writer has been realized, and I hope she continues to write.  She has a great voice and you'll find yourself sipping a glass of wine, laughing over her disasters, and buying tomatoes and pasta (not Barilla) to make yourself a delightful dinner for one.

No comments :

Post a Comment