Quantcast

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

50 of My Favorite Books: The Finale

I know I missed some books.  A twirl through my reading past has been such fun, and has me thinking I need to revisit some of my favorites.  And I will.  Who knows what 2017 will hold?  So I'm closing out November with my final favorite ten books.  Some of the books I've picked are favorites because they were my first introduction to serious subjects.  Others are silly, and make me smile.  They all have a special place in my heart and remind me of who I was, where I was, and what the world was like around me when I read them.  

Here they are, my final ten (in no particular order):
Western fiction at its best.

Laugh out loud stroll through the 20th century


My first chick-lit book
Read this in high school and became fascinated by the moors.
Toni Morrison.  No one matches her brilliance.

Makes me grin every time I read it!

A childhood favorite.

The story of a house that stays the same while the world around it changes.

Historical fiction about immigrants in America. 

Wherever you go, make the world a beautiful place.
 

1 comment :

  1. I can feel your pleasure. I love to go back through my reading journals, which I have kept since 1991. This week I am rereading one of my favorites: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. I first read it in 1999 and it is so different in meaning to me now. I think looking at books we have loved though, gives us a picture of who we were when we read them.

    ReplyDelete