Quantcast

Friday, December 2, 2016

Upcoming December Reads from the Bookalicious Babe

Where did the year go?  How is it already December?  What?!  

My December reading usually consists of fun reads that involve Christmas.  This reading tradition of mine really began in earnest when I was working retail during the holiday season.  Exhausted when I would get home, all I wanted to do was read something fun and escapist, and a little bit of romance was always welcome in the mix.  This Christmas season I've got two out of town weddings to attend, a couple of fun painting sessions, a family Christmas party,  and a chance to see the Nutcracker with friends.  A very busy December. I'm still needing those quiet reading moments to keep me in a festive mood and to recharge my batteries.  

I've got a few books that I didn't finish last month that I'll be reviewing this month.  And there may be a few surprises in the mix, too.  The last week of December, I'll be revealing my top ten favorite reads of 2016.  










Do you have a special book tradition for the holidays?  Please share it!

1 comment :

  1. I love Anne Fadiman's writing though I haven't read the one you listed. Homegoing is amazing, though a bit rough going at the beginning. Persistence is rewarded. In late December, after all the holiday rush is over I usually pick one favorite authors and read as many as I can of books I haven't read yet by that author. This year though, I have a stack of books I haven't gotten to this year that I really want to read. Maybe I'll do a post of that list on my blog. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete